Thursday, April 12, 2012

Thursday Morning

The H2 Channel is having a bunch of Titanic themed shows all day today. I'll try to watch if I get time. My cell phone quit, so I have to get that seen about. Plus, I need a few parts for the planter. Naturally, work comes first.

I looked through the new issue of Fine Scale Modeler last night. I saw were Revell has released a 1/400 scale Aida cruise ship model. This will definitely be added to my list of must do items. Also, they reviewed Tamiya's 1/400 Premium Yamato. That model looks like it would be well worth the effort. I just wish the list price wasn't quite so high.

As for my current model, the South Dakota, some of the superstructure didn't fit the best so I had to use some putty to fill in the gaps. I'm currently waiting on it to dry before I continue. Thus far, I've only had one real complaint about the model, and that's how frail the turret guns are when cutting them out of the parts tree. Other than that, the model has been fun. I just wish that I could find a bigger chunk of time to work on it.

That's all I've got for now. As always, thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment