Thursday, March 22, 2012

Revell Titanic 100th Anniversary Revell 1/400 scale pictures: Part 1

Here are a few of the pictures of my recently assembled Revell 1/400 scale Titanic.





I used Testor's Flat Red for the lower hull, Testor's Wood for the decking. I mixed Model Masters' Chrome Yellow with Brown until I reached the color for the funnels. I used Tamiya's flat black for everything that's black. (Except for the main hull. I left that unpainted.) The propellers were painted brass as per instructions. The one major complaint I had with this completed model is how the thread stretched when I pulled it tight for the rigging and then sagged afterwords. Otherwise I'm happy with how it turned out.

While this model is more accurate overall than the Academy 1/600 one, there are a few points that were more accurate on the smaller model. For instance, some of the ventilation conduits behind the third funnel aren't there.

I'll post more pics of this model, plus a review of the kit itself soon.

As always, thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment