Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Tuesday Morning update.

I finished up to my rigging yesterday. I made the mistake of using the nylon thread that Revell supplied with the model. Every time I'd try to pull it tight, it would stretch, and after I'd glue it in place it would sag. It doesn't look that bad, I've seen much worse. It's just one of those things that will bug me everytime I look at it. I did some research online and I read where other people recommend using black wire so to always have the rigging at the desired tension. I glanced through my new issue of Fine Scale Modeler that came in the mail this morning and an expert modeler in there recommended using fishing line. I may look at the model and see if there is some way I can replace the nylon thread with either of the above options. Does anyone else have any other suggestions?

One thing is for sure. This is not the last Titanic model that I will assemble. It's not because I'm unhappy with this one, it's just that I know there are others out there and with my endless fascination with the ship, I think it would be fun to put one of each together. Of course, the next one in my sights is the Minicraft 1/350 scale model. A lot of the reviews over on Amazon are very favorable (except for one where the reviewer complains about the model not coming with paint or cement...) Everyone does say that particular model is a very much involved one, and takes a lot of patience. I'll be getting around to it one of these days.

I do think it would be cool to be able to acquire the Olympic and Britannic conversion kits. To have the three white star giants side by side of that scale would make an incredible display. If I can't ever locate any, then someday I may try to make the modifications myself. After, of course, I've had years of practice and I greatly improve my modeling skills.

Also, the next model on my list is the Academy 1/800 scale Eisenhower. It did not come with a paint guide. Does anyone have any suggestions or know where I can find a paint guide online?

That's it for now, I've got to get to work.

As always, thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment