Sunday, April 29, 2012

I apologize for my recent lack of updates. I've been busy planting corn recently and I haven't had time to make regular posts. For that I apologize. I will resume a more regular posting routine once all the crop is in. Also as a result of my planting activities, I haven't made any more progress on the South Dakota model. I decided to back off of it, and not work on it when I came in tired at night as I thought the quality of work would suffer.

Anyway, for today's blog I thought I'd rank the top five Robert Ballard books that I have read.

5) The Lost Ships of Guadalcanal. Provides stunning photographs of the wrecks at the bottom of Iron Bottom Sound. Unfortunately this one is hard to come by.

4) Discovery of the Bismarck. Follows his search for the Famous German Battleship.

3) Exploring the Lusitania. This book, very much in the same format as his Titanic book minus the discovery, chronicles the events of the last voyage of the Atlantic greyhound. This of course, is followed by the images from his Lusitania expedition.

2) The Discovery of the Titanic. Any Ballard book list would not be complete without the book that chronicles the discovery that made him famous.

1) Lost Liners. This book has information on several ocean liners that have gone down. Of course there is a chapter on the Titanic and Lusitania, but also on the Brittanic, Empress of Ireland, Normandie, Queen Elizabeth, Andria Doria, etc. This book, for me, is the best because it has such a wealth of information about a multitude of ships.

As always, thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment